Networker

[Networker] Savegroups fail after password change

2008-12-02 04:04:40
Subject: [Networker] Savegroups fail after password change
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 04:00:51 -0500
Vooris, Josh wrote:

> I inherited this system from a co-worker who left our organization, so I
> am not certain about the account used to install the SQL and Exchange
> modules.  If I know my former co-worker I think it is pretty safe to say
> that he used the account in question to install the modules.  He used
> this account anytime he did anything related to the Networker system.

I'd suggest uninstall and re-install as the local 'Administrator' account (or
whatever you renamed it to), if possible.  We've had problems with some clients
(in particular old NT and some 2000 Server) if it was done by other users,
including other local accounts with 'Admin' rights.

> I just noticed on the SQL server that I cannot open Networker User for
> SQL Server.  I get an error message that says that no Networker server
> can be found.  I have had several backups complete successfully since I
> reverted to the old password, so I am not sure if this is related to the
> same issue or not.

Try adding '-s <your_servername>' to the startup icon (Target section in
Properties window).  When possible I create this as a desktop shortcut on all
new Windows clients (for the Admin user); Has saved me a headache or two...

In particular for SQL Server, this is the setup we used for a successful test
recovery (going as far back as the module for NW 6.x).

--TSK
Tim Kimball