Networker

Re: [Networker] Savegroups fail after password change

2008-12-01 16:33:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Savegroups fail after password change
From: "Vooris, Josh" <jvooris AT CENTURYKY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:30:34 -0600
I had thought about that, but the services appear to be running under
Local System instead of the account that I use to log into the server.
Should I make it a point to change the Remote Exec service account on
all Networker clients to the domain admin account?

Thanks,

Josh

> From: "Vooris, Josh" <jvooris AT CENTURYKY DOT COM>
> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:02:44 -0600
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: [Networker] Savegroups fail after password change
>
> Hello all,
>

> I have an AD domain admin account that I use to log into my Networker
> 7.3.2 servers.  After a recent password change on this account, I
> noticed that savegroups utilizing Networker Module for MS SQL and
> Networker Module for Exchange failed with the following errors:
>

> savegrp: servername:MSSQL: save was never started
>
> * Probe job had unrecoverable failure(s)
>

> savegrp: servername:MSEXCH:IS save was never started
>
> * Probe job had unrecoverable failure(s)
>

> I had one of our Sys Admins reset the account password back to what it
> had previously been, and both savegroups completed successfully.  Has
> anyone seen this before?  If so, how can I resolve it in order to
change
> the password on the account.

On each NetWorker client, go into the properties of the NetWorker remote
service and change the password there to reflect the new password.