Networker

[Networker] SQL server restore error

2008-09-10 16:43:10
Subject: [Networker] SQL server restore error
From: Kevin Malone <kcmalone AT SALISBURY DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:38:35 -0400
We are attempting to restore a point in time restore for a SQL 2005 database.
We are getting the following error:

The log in this backup set terminates at LSN 398617000001967200001, which is
too early to apply to the database. A more recent log backup that includes LSN
398617000001991200001 can be restored..

Has anyone ever seen this error before?  We are talking to Networker Support
about this and having some commuication issues with them explaining that we
have done TONS of restores from log backups.  They seem to indicate that this
is a SQL server issue and not a Networker issue. We do log backups every 30
minutes on the database we are trying to restore a point in time and get this
error.  We also attempted to restore from a differential backup and get the
same error.  The point in time is the issue, which is needed to validate some
census type data.

Our only conclusion is that the differential may be corrupt and any log backup
from that point on until the next differential is no good, or use a restore
point previous to that differential.  Thoughts?

We are using Networker 7.4.2 on Windows 2003.  We were using SQL module 5.0
sp1, and updated to the new 5.1 sp1 (since EMC would have us do that to test
anyway).

Kevin Malone
Network Administrator
Salisbury University