Networker

Re: [Networker] Sanity check on NDMP backup to disk method

2008-08-25 23:45:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Sanity check on NDMP backup to disk method
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:42:42 +1000
The only way you could have LAN free backup to disk today would be to
use a VTL.

In your configuration you are writing to filesystems which are
exclusively owned by the windows backup server and therefore the data
has to be passed across the network to the backup server's OS so it can
write the filesystem data.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store
or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's
own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.