Networker

[Networker] SCSI ID changing after rebooting the server

2008-05-21 02:34:43
Subject: [Networker] SCSI ID changing after rebooting the server
From: psherigar <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 02:27:26 -0400
Hi,

We are using the V480 with Solaris 8 & with a emulex LP9802E HBA. This is
connected to a san switch and to STK L700 tape library which is having HP LTO2
drives.

We had a CPU issue and SUN has replaced it. Now the system is working fine.

We have enabled persistent binding since day one. There is no issue with the
zoning. I can confirm that because after the reboot when I run EMC Grab for
Slaris the SCSI ID returns back to normal. I have checked this several time and
i have run the inquire command continuously while running emc grab and noticed
that the ID returns back to normal while running one of the following commands.

Running Command prtpicl -v..
Running Command prtpicl -v -c scsi-fcp.
Running Command luxadm probe.
Running Command luxadm qlgc_s_download.
Running Command cfgadm -al -o show_FCP_dev.
Running Command cfgadm -al.
Running Command cfgadm -vl.

Once the SCSI id is back to normal i have to reboot the library or it will not
respond.