Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP Backups - Library connection req'd?

2008-05-14 12:06:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP Backups - Library connection req'd?
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:01:56 -0500
Hello,
I believe the working systax would be
nsrndmp_save -T dump -M -P " backup servers ip address",
Also, NDMP pool will need access to NDMP & non NDMP ( for index) Devices,
depending on your config, Please review the install\admin Guide, it has
pretty good into on the NDMP setup.
Thanks

"Dias, Kent (Contractor)" <Robert.K.Dias.contractor AT ALTRIA DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
05/14/2008 10:13 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
"Dias, Kent (Contractor)" <Robert.K.Dias.contractor AT ALTRIA DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] NDMP Backups - Library connection req'd?

I've changed the backup command to:
                 nsrndmp_save -P uspmuusricnsr01 -T dump

Application Information is:
                 HIST=Y
                 DIRECT=y
                 UPDATE=y
                 EXTRACT_ACL=y

Savesets are:
                 /vol/vol0/.snapshot
                 /vol/esxwinos/.snapshot
                 /vol/esxwindata/.snapshot
                 /vol/esxwinswap/.snapshot
                 /vol/esxwinsqllog/.snapshot
                 /vol/esxwinsqldata/.snapshot

The NetApp filers are also no longer configured in Networker as
StorageNodes - just clients

Thanks,
        Kent

Kent Dias
Windows System Administrator
Northrop Grumman IT - Richmond
robert.k.dias.contractor AT altria DOT com