Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP indexing?

2008-04-30 10:03:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP indexing?
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:54:41 -0500
Hello,
If you are employing over the network NDMP via proxy, i do not see IP
address of the backup server after the cmd i.e
nsrndmp_save -T dump -M -P 10.10.0.170
Also, doublecheck and make sure "no index save " on the Group resource  is
not checked ( Depending on Networker version)
lastly, you can enable debugging and run more verbose backup to see if any
indications exist not to backup the index.
HTH

Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
04/30/2008 08:40 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] NDMP indexing?

> Have you specified
>
> DIRECT=y
> HIST=y
> UPDATE=y

We have.

> Also - is atar the recommended backup method for your NAS device?
> When I have worked with Celerra I have used dump but it depends what
> is available.

atar is recommended but dump has produced the same result; no file
index.  Saveset is recoverable but not browsable.

Thank you,
Eugene

type