Networker

[Networker] NDMP indexing?

2008-04-29 18:17:42
Subject: [Networker] NDMP indexing?
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:12:50 -0500
Hello List,

I am backing up an NDMP-enabled client (an Agami AIS6000-series), and according to my logs it is backed up successfully. However, there are no indexes in the media db; I cannot do file or directory -level recoveries, and still haven't tested recovery of the entire SS. In theory I should be able to recover the entire save set (a 400GB share), it is status "recoverable" under Save Set ----> Recover menu in nwadmin.

Is there something I am missing to get the NDMP backup to index? My full backup command currently looks like:

nsrndmp_save -M -T atar

I have also added -I [backup server] just to see if that would initiate an index.

Thank you much for any help, I follow the discussions on this list with great interest.

nw 7.2.2 jumbo on RHEL3-x86-64.

-Eugene