Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.2.2 on Sun X4500 using AFTD and zfs

2008-03-25 14:48:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.2.2 on Sun X4500 using AFTD and zfs
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:43:06 -0400
On Mar 25, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Attila Mester wrote:
We have been using the X4500 storage server in many projects as storagenode without problems. The Solaris x64 as storagenode is a supported plattform (they have even special licenses for it), and the X4500 is a regular AMD CPU based system, not more, not less. I can not imagine any reason why EMC telling it not being supported. I would not lose any sleep over this either :-)

EMC just sent me another email. There was a misunderstanding. The x4500 is supported as a storage node. They initially thought the X4500 had an Intel processor. If it did have Intel, it wouldn't be supported in the current hardware matrix, but since its AMD64, it is supported. Sorry for the confusion.