Networker

Re: [Networker] restore for a client that no longer exists

2008-03-22 10:49:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] restore for a client that no longer exists
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <Thierry.Faidherbe AT SKYNET DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:35:27 +0100
If the ssid is still referenced into media db, fastest way to recover is
recoverying the ssid at once (recover -S ssid -d <relocation path>).
This is off course not possible for system state/db/files backups.

If the ssid is NOT referenced anymore in media db, then the volume(s)
containing the ssid will have to be scanned (scanner -m)then proceed
by recovering ssid as above.

HTH

Thierry