Networker

Re: [Networker] HSM solutions.

2008-03-21 17:12:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] HSM solutions.
From: Reinhard Markus <Reinhard_Markus AT T-ONLINE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:04:56 +0100
Hello Yaron,

Sun Microsystems have a very good HSM solution for there Solaris boxes:
The name is SAM-FS (Storage and Archive Manager-File System):
The Storage and Archive Manager-File System is a versatile software package that provides cost-effective storage management, archival and retrieval services. SAM-FS automatically and transparently copies files from expensive on-line disk to less expensive automated storage media, and restores the files back on-line as needed. SAM-FS automatically manages available disk copacities at specified thresholds by clearing disk space of copied data...

Have look at:
http://www.sun.com/storagetek/management_software/data_management/sam/index.xml

Regards
Reinhard

Yaron Zabary schrieb:
Hello,

We are trying to see if some HSM solution is viable for some project we need.

 Does anyone use DiskXtender for NAS ?

 Is anyone using anything else for HSM ?

TIA.