Networker

Re: [Networker] compression or lack there of

2008-03-07 05:12:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] compression or lack there of
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 05:06:43 -0500
It also depends on the either the st.conf settings or what Sun has built
into the driver.
In st.conf there are 4 possible density settings coresponding to l,m,h and
c however they can all be set to the same value or in an order that
actually sets say the l device to compress.
Now I have tested LT0-1 settings ( comparing the inbuilt driver to a wide
variety of st.conf settings) and Suns' built in was as good as anything I
could come up with. But from past experience they have been known to get
things wrong - both Sun and Quantums original st.conf setting for DLT were
not the best.

Which reminds me I must ask Sun to publish what their inbuilt drivers
settings actually are.