Networker

Re: [Networker] Library errors

2008-03-05 07:42:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Library errors
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 07:39:51 -0500
I concur. If the picker errors persist, you should call in some type of
service before the thing fails altogether ...
We also had a tape library that was throwing SAC picker/robotic errors
(a Dell rebranded ADIC 60 slot). Since we had it on a maintenance
contract, we called the vendor and they proceeded to replace most of the
robotic components (couple motors, sensors, drive belts, etc.) over two
separate visits. This library had also been in service a couple of years
with very few if any problems until recently. Once the parts were
refreshed and it was re-calibrated, it's been working flawlessly
since... The mechanical parts do wear over time, thus they begin to
loose their original tolerance or precision, and require periodic
replacement or at least a re-calibration ...