Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker on WSS 2003 (Windows Storage Server)

2008-02-28 13:45:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker on WSS 2003 (Windows Storage Server)
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:39:29 -0600
Hello,
No experience with Windows Storage server ( WSS) however, since it's
Windows based you should be able to install Networker client like usuall
and do the backups, but my previous experience with such devices NAS  type
( Maxtor 6000,4100) is that the throughput will not be as great as regular
server, things may have improved,but try to do Hardware raid vs software,
get the server with adequate memory and CPU power to extract the backups.
HTH

"Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
02/28/2008 10:43 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
"Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] Networker on WSS 2003 (Windows Storage Server)

Anyone running Networker on WSS 2003 (Dell hardware)?  We are about to
get our first one, and it will start out at 1 TB and get to 4-6 TB
within a year, or 2.

I'm assuming that I will go the Storage Node route, so I was wondering
if anyone else has done this.

TIA.

David M. Browning Jr.

IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk

type