Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker on WSS 2003 (Windows Storage Server)

2008-02-28 13:51:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker on WSS 2003 (Windows Storage Server)
From: "James E. Pratt" <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:49:08 -0500
There is also something out there called "EMC Backup for Sharepoint" on
powerlink, but I haven't looked into it so don't know what versions it
supports, or exactly what "gaps" are filled, as I've heard that just
basic sql backups and system level backups "would not be enough" in
order to restore an entire "farm" properly, but then again, this could
be MS-FUD, ad I'm not a sharepoint person at all so I don't know for
sure. (We do the same thing basically for backing up our farm for now,
except using vm's and we use the mssql nw module.

jamie

Server)