Networker

Re: [Networker] How to change a drive from "not shared! to DDS ???

2008-02-08 01:20:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to change a drive from "not shared! to DDS ???
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 06:15:15 +0000
Peter Viertel wrote:
Unfortunately jbedit does not do silos.

Ah. Obviously there is a distinct difference in NetWorker terminology between a silo and a jukebox, however many people use the terms silo, jukebox, and library interchangeably, although this is incorrect. I made the assumption that this had happened here, sorry for the misinformation. I am currently on holiday in the USA at a very high altitude so obviously the lack of oxygen is affecting my brain.

At NW 7.2 it is possible to edit silo attributes using nsradmin. I usually do this by extracting the attributes to a file, and then editing this to form an update command that can be fed back in to nsradmin. This is not an exercise for the faint hearted.