Networker

Re: [Networker] Any known issues with performance under 7.4

2007-11-18 10:20:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Any known issues with performance under 7.4
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:10:25 -0500
On Nov 18, 2007, at 9:05 AM, Vernon Harris wrote:

Our configuration is very small.  A sun x4100 running
redhat 4.0 as the networker server.  We are running
ndmp backups of a sun nas5320.    That's pretty much
it.  The tape library is a Sun c4 using LTO3 scsi
drives.

Interesting. I am running NetWorker 7.4 on a Sun T2000 with two storage nodes and I find that with 7.4, the NDMP backups are slower. I have a case open with EMC about that and also the disconcerting problem in that when I run a full disk image backup, it is not recoverable, but if I do a selective disk image NDMP backup, it is recoverable. The NDMP backups I do are of Mirapoint message stores, which is a proprietary email server black box solution.