Networker

Re: [Networker] Any known issues with performance under 7.4

2007-11-18 08:55:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Any known issues with performance under 7.4
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 08:53:14 -0500
On Nov 18, 2007, at 8:16 AM, Vernon Harris wrote:

Upgraded to 7.4 from 7.3 base and backups are running extremely slow. Any known issues or
tweaks that need to be done under 7.4?

What's your NetWorker server and storage node configuration? I did this upgrade recently and I noticed that saves to the server of itself and the indexes got very slow (many hours) on a box running Solaris 10. NetWorker 7.4 uses more network resources, so you may have to do some system tuning. I also noticed this morning that tape mount requests can sometimes be delayed by around 45 minutes. I plan to discuss that with EMC tomorrow.