Networker

[Networker] Linux Client setup

2007-11-12 09:53:55
Subject: [Networker] Linux Client setup
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:52:28 -0600
Hello,
This is the first time i will be using Windows server 7.3.3 to backup
Linux, i have heard conflicting info on what i need, can some one give me
more insight as to what i need to backup 5 linux -RedHat client servers to
windows based Networker server.I would appreciate if  you could also
elaborate on any install issues, special parameters and or config for me
to get going on it. ( What files would i need to configure,i.e hosts allow
? RMP install procedures )
I was told to purchase
Linux Client pack ( Translator pack-not sure why they call it Client pack)
5 client licences in general to backup this linux servers.
am i missing any thing ? I would like not to get into licensing nightmares
, as it's always hard to return any thing you buy and don't actually need
it.
Thanks