Networker

Re: [Networker] Solaris 10 Global Zone Server Networker 7.4

2007-08-30 13:38:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Solaris 10 Global Zone Server Networker 7.4
From: Benjamin Harner <benjamin.harner AT MARYMOUNT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:34:18 -0400
Interesting.  Thanks for the input.  LTO 100 tapes are the media being
used to write to.  The T2000 is way under utilized now which is why I
wanted to consolidate.  It will be a big boost either way since the
current backup server is a ultra 5 (don't ask).  I also have an Ultra 20
AMD 64 box that the previous sys admin thought would be a good idea for
a backup server and it is what was purchased.  I finally convinced them
that Sol 10 x86 was not the way to go.  Still working on convincing them
to stop using desktops as server(whole other battle)  I was going to use
it as a storage node but it may do better than the T2000.  I also have a
240V that might be able to be used.  Seems like that might be the best
bet.  Anyone use the Solaris AMD 64 bit server package?  I will say
T2000's rock.  I have one that is finally getting utilized and that's
because it's running Puremessage spam system the postgres backend also I
have my r&d blackboard and oracle running there too temporarily due to
limited hba cards.  The box is reaching 50% cpu usage only after I added
oracle and blackboard.  Okay let me stop plugging sun.

Ben