Networker

Re: [Networker] New to clones - performance?

2007-07-25 18:18:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] New to clones - performance?
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:15:20 +0100
>From experiences in our shop, taking control of the cloning (and
staging) is a desirable thing. Networker is good at backing up but not
so hot when it comes to smart scheduling (i.e. don't start staging if
cloning is going or some other job is running, etc.)

Besides, as you've already noticed, you can get more done by not having
it set to auto.

Stay in control, it will lead to a less stressful life :)

Bob Wood