Networker

Re: [Networker] Identifying if a tape volume is in a tape drive

2007-06-19 10:51:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Identifying if a tape volume is in a tape drive
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:46:13 -0400
On Jun 18, 2007, at 7:02 PM, Yaron Zabary wrote:

  The Right (TM) way:

# nsradmin
NetWorker administration program.
Use the "help" command for help, "visual" for full-screen mode.
nsradmin> show NSR operation; Volume Label
nsradmin> print type: NSR device; Media type: LTO Ultrium-3
                volume label: 000346;
               NSR operation: Write;

                volume label: 000345;
               NSR operation: Write;

                volume label: 000010;
               NSR operation: Write;

                volume label: 000390;
               NSR operation: ;

Thanks Yaron; your "right way" works like a charm. I put those directives in a file that I can feed into nsradmin via "-i", so now I have to get my perl script to run it and parse the output, which isn't a big deal.