Networker

[Networker] Inventory of load ports?

2007-06-12 03:28:27
Subject: [Networker] Inventory of load ports?
From: OTL <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:00:41 -0700
This will probably sound like a really stupid question, but...

We're using NetWorker 7.3.2 on a Windows 2003 server, attached to an ATL M2500
tape library.  The library is configured with 10 load ports, that don't show up
in a normal library inventory (either in the NetWorker GUI or via nsrjb
commands).  Is there any way to get an inventory of the load ports before I
deposit its contents into the library proper?  (Preferably via the command
line; I have scripts that I use for various library operations, and it would
help to be able to acquire that information before depositing the tapes.)  (As
it is, I get a list of empty slots, then deposit the tapes, then check to see
which of the previously empty slots now have tapes in them; hardly the most
efficient method of doing this, I'm sure, but it (more or less) works.)

(I'm sure there's probably something really stupid and obvious that I've
overlooked, but so far I haven't had much luck figuring out what...)