Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker and VMWare ESX 3

2007-03-28 17:30:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker and VMWare ESX 3
From: Ken Gehring <ken.gehring AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:21:47 -0600
Well, it appears that contrary to the VMWare documentation, you can
not back up a vmware esx3 vmfs file system with any version of
networker. According to all of the literature from EMC on this you
should be able to do it. In reality, you can't and according to VMWare
support it is not supported. The case has been closed on the VMWare
side and if there is anything on the Networker front, I'll let you
know.

Ken