Networker

[Networker] Pro's and Con's of NDMP

2007-03-28 17:30:29
Subject: [Networker] Pro's and Con's of NDMP
From: "Bonfoey, Rich - Tacoma" <Rich.Bonfoey AT THENEWSTRIBUNE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:24:03 -0700
Hello

I was wonder if I could get some feed back on NDMP.  We have 2 networker
servers ( both running 7.3.2 )  on Solaris 9 boxes.  We backup mostly
Solaris client and about  dozen windows servers.  Windows people want to
do a NAS and use NDMP to back it up.  I had heard in older version of
Networker ( 6.x.x versions ) that there were some issues with NDMP ( one
you could not relocate to another file system ).  Do some of these
problems still exist or has it got better ?  I don't fell I can really
trust EMS's literature so I thought I would ask the group and get the
real story

Thanks

Richard L Bonfoey

Solaris Systems Administrator