Networker

Re: [Networker] New LTO 3 Library

2007-01-12 01:35:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] New LTO 3 Library
From: Janis Smits <josi AT LMT DOT LV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:30:11 +0200
If you are looking at Adic i500, you can look also at IBM TS3310 or Dell
PowerVault ML6000 - they all are the same, including common library/drive
firmware.
I've been using 128-slot Adic i500 for 10 months now - no major problems so
far but 3 of 4 drives (all made by IBM) were replaced. The main reason for
selecting i500 over similar SUN/StorageTek offerings was its support for
hardware partitions that allowed to consolidate our Networker and TSM
backups into one library.

Regards,
Janis Smits