Networker

Re: [Networker] Incoherent Volflags and Volume Status fields for recyclable vols.

2006-12-15 07:27:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Incoherent Volflags and Volume Status fields for recyclable vols.
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:18:33 +0100
A good trial : Let's start with an appendable volume ....

root_/>  mminfo -q volume=HPUX-0001 -r volume,state,volflags
 volume           flags
HPUX-0001

root_/> nsrmm -o recyclable HPUX-0001
Mark tz87 tape HPUX-0001 as recyclable? y

Verifying :
root_/>  mminfo -q volume=HPUX-0001 -r volume,state,volflags
 volume           flags
HPUX-0001      E  r

Surprizing, volume is Recyclable(state=E) and Read-Only(volflags=r)
!?!?!?!?

Removing the readonly flag .....

root_/> nsrmm -o notreadonly HPUX-0001
Mark tz87 tape HPUX-0001 as not readonly? y

root_/>  mminfo -q volume=HPUX-0001 -r volume,state,volflags
 volume           flags
HPUX-0001

-> volume is NOT NOR readonly NOT recyclable ???????

Looking at other tapes,

root_/>  mminfo -a -r volume,state,volflags
 volume           flags
HPUX-0001      E  r
HPUX-0002
HPUX-0003
HPUX-0004
HPUX-0005
HPUX-0006
HPUX-0007
LAP000         E
LAP001         E
LAP002         E  r
LAP003         E
LAP004         E
LAP005         E
LAP006         E  r

BUG in 7.2 Windows and Unix ?
Can someone NOT running 72 have a try ?

Thanks,

Th

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                             Internet  : http://www.hp.com/