Networker

Re: [Networker] backing up a MS Cluster client

2006-06-01 06:20:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] backing up a MS Cluster client
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:18:01 +0100
Darren Dunham wrote:

I find the description for how to set up the clients incomplete.  I've
certainly had arguments with tech support about what is expected.  While
I believe it was not so designed, tech support has told me in the past
that I must supply the drives as explicit names in the saveset.  This
requirement is not in the setup manual.

In general, it appears to be related to name resolution.  If the client
definition name and the actual client names line up, everything works
even with 'all'.  If it doesn't, there's very little information to
troubleshoot exactly what names are being found and what needs to be
changed to make it work.

There are many pitfalls with setting up cluster clients. As Darren says, name resolution is part of it. In particular, you must NOT, under any circumstances, put the cluster service name in as a NetWorker alias for any physical clients. You will need to add the appropriate remote access list entries.

"signoff networker" in the