Networker

Re: [Networker] Hung savesets with 7.3

2006-03-30 09:47:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Hung savesets with 7.3
From: "Greggs, Dana" <c-dgreggs AT STATE.PA DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:42:44 -0500
I had tuned Networker and my Server OS's to a very stable level. We
backup over 400 Servers and 3.5TB of data daily. All was well until I
piloted Networker 7.3 on one new Server and one existing Server. In a
nutshell I will wait until Networker 7.4 or 8.0. It crashed repeatedly,
hung and I hated the interface. There also seems to be a lag between the
MC and Networker. The dependence of the new GSS functionality in
Networker on Host name resolution was problematic. I could go on but
I'll leave it by saying I downgraded the Server back to Networker 7.2.1.
Meaning I uninstalled Networker 7.3, reinstalled Networker 7.2.1 and ran
mmrecov.

All is well again.

Dana