Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO-2 or LTO-3?

2005-12-19 11:20:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO-2 or LTO-3?
From: "Krishnan, Ramamurthy" <Ramamurthy.Krishnan AT KPMG.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:16:37 -0000
George

NetWorker supports LTO-3 only from version 7.2.1 on.  In previous
versions you have to define LTO-3 drives as LTO-2 device types.  Our
tape vendor suggested to go for LTO3.  You can read LTO1 and LTO2 tapes
on LTO3 drives and hence you should not have problems restoring, though
you may have to go for a new media set to write.

Rgds, Ram.