Networker

[Networker] Networker server off line

2005-12-16 17:44:09
Subject: [Networker] Networker server off line
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:39:54 -0600
I'm trying to do something, and I'm wondering if it can even be done.

I'm working on my server that has been down for 3 months, and Legato
won't start (service fails to start).  No error message, just an event
in the event log that says service stopped.

I don't have it plugged in to the network, and I'm wondering if that is
the problem?  Can you have a Networker server run without being plugged
into the network?

I don't want to bring it online until I can change the name of the
server, and changed the enabler, as it is a duplicate.

I'm going to call Legato on Monday, just wondering is someone had any
ideas.

Thanks.

David M. Browning Jr.
LSUHSC Enterprise Network Operations/Help Desk
(504) 654-7520 (Blackberry Phone Number)
(504) 398-1444 Direct (Temp New Orleans number)
(504) 914-7550 - Cell