Networker

Re: [Networker] networker issues suddenly with storage nodes

2005-08-25 12:57:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] networker issues suddenly with storage nodes
From: Stefan Kapitza <k AT PITZA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:54:06 -0400
Hello,

there was a issue with 7.1.1 when clients are not FQDN created.
When deleting such Client, other Clients of this Server were
giving the Error you had. The Error persist, until the Networker Service
was restarted.

hth.

regards

Stefan Kapitza

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:12:19 -0700, Sharon Sampson
<ssampson AT VALLEYWATER DOT ORG> wrote:

>Hi,
>My error suddenly started happening out of the blue, here is the message
>I get know. It happens on
>several storage nodes but here is just one message:
>* srv403:C:\ save: error, no matching devices; check storage nodes,
>devices or pools
>
>* srv403:C:\ save: Cannot open save session with srvbackup3.scvwd.gov
>
>* srv403:E:\ save: error, no matching devices; check storage nodes,
>devices or pools
>
>* srv403:E:\ save: Cannot open save session with srvbackup3.scvwd.gov
>
>* srv403:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: error, no matching devices; check storage
>nodes, devices or pools
>
>* srv403:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: Cannot open save session with
>srvbackup3.scvwd.gov
>
>* srv403:SYSTEM DB:\ save: error, no matching devices; check storage
>nodes, devices or pools
>
>* srv403:SYSTEM DB:\ save: Cannot open save session with
>srvbackup3.scvwd.gov
>

>The environment is:
>
>windows 2000 on client and server, remote node has external sony tape
>drive, ait3 media. I am on nw 7.1.3.
>
>we talked to legato, they had us roll back to an old bootstrap and try
>to fix what they called corruption in the media
>
>database, this did not fix it but for one day. We also changed the
>removable storage option in windows to not be controlled
>
>by a library, its a check box in the configuration, but to allow Legato
>to control it. We don't seem to be getting anywhere,does
>
>anyone have ideas or possibly seen a similar problem.
>
>thanks,
>
>Sharon Sampson
>
>SCVWD
>

>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>type
"signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu if
you have any problems