Networker

Re: [Networker] Using multiple storage nodes for same client?

2005-03-08 02:41:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Using multiple storage nodes for same client?
From: Riaan Louwrens <riaanl AT SOURCECONSULTING.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:33:55 +0200
Hi George,

The way I understand it is that you cannot use two different SN's at the same
for backup from a single client (even though they are in the same pool).

The client will try and connect to the Storage Node Host (as you know) and once
that requirement has been met (with the first available one going down the
list), then that attribute is set, and only that host will be used. Meaning, if
half way through the tape on that node gets full or the device fails (etc),
that backup will fail (or will be pending).

So your understanding, is the same as I understand it - as your tests would
have shown.

I am not sure if there is another way around it - apart from having to manually
re-do the storage node affinity list every time you want the priority to change.

Regards,
Riaan