Networker

Re: [Networker] status last backup completion using nsradmin

2004-12-03 11:51:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] status last backup completion using nsradmin
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:51:05 -0800
> NW 7.1.1
> I have a client in a savegroup for running a hot DB backup.
> I can get the status using nsradmin to see if the backup is
> running or not and how much is left to complete.
> But would anyone know if I can use nsradmin to check
> the last backup completion .... did it pass or fail?

Savegroup completion isn't really stored in any networker database.  The
savegroup itself sends the information via any notifications and into
logs.  If the server hasn't been restarted and the group hasn't been
rerun, you can also query the 'completed' attribute of the savegroup.

Once the savegroup is started again though, that field is overwritten.

You could use 'mminfo' to look for completed savesets from the right
client at the right time, but that's not exactly the same information
(and wouldn't tell you about any missed files).

I think all you can do is either parse logs or capture the old
notifications.