Networker

[Networker] AW: [Networker] Replace W2k NW server with Linux server

2004-10-25 08:11:11
Subject: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Replace W2k NW server with Linux server
From: Grohal Klaus <klaus.grohal AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:10:17 +0200

IMHO, you can't do an "cross-platform recovery" with mmrecov. The official way
that Legato supports is to scan in all the tapes.
But there is a shorter way: use "ftp" to copy your media files between the two
servers. The requirement is, that both maschines are the same type "little
endian" or "big endian".

> linux box
> - on Linux box delete devices (\\.\tape<nn> won't work on
> Linux anyway)
> - stop W2k Server and disconnect from network and jukebox
> - connect Linux box to network and jukebox
> - create devices
> - delete and create jukebox necessary?

You also can try to edit your value in "control port" at the jukebox resource.
Just fill in the output from inquire.
If it won't work, you should delete and recreate

> - settle licensing issues

Don't forget to recover your client indexes - "nsrck -L 7". In your case it is
useless to recover the servers index

regards

Klaus