Networker

[Networker] Libpthread error -- GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined (RH 9)

2004-07-15 08:51:19
Subject: [Networker] Libpthread error -- GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined (RH 9)
From: Matt Temple <mht AT RESEARCH.DFCI.HARVARD DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:51:03 -0400
Hello,

       I had an older version of Networker client running on a Linux
V9 computer.   When I upgraded to 7.1.1, at first, Networker wouldn't
run at all, giving "libpthread" errors then aborting.   I used the
Fedora legacy updates to make this machine as current as possible.  Now,
networker appears to start, but I still get the following message and a
failed backup:

* genome:All 1 retry attempted
* genome:All nsrexec: authtype nsrexec
* genome:All /usr/sbin/savefs: relocation error:
/lib/tls/libpthread.so.0: symbol errno, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not
defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

=======================
       I believe this is just a standard RH9 installation.   If this
has been covered in this previsouly, sorry.   I couldn't find it.
Has anyone seen this error and fixed it?   I've reverted to 6.1.3 client
in the meantime, which doesn't have this problem.

                                               Matt Temple

Matthew Temple                Tel:    617/632-2597
Director, Research Computing  Fax:    617/582-7820
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute  mht AT research.dfci.harvard DOT edu
44 Binney Street,  LG300/300  http://research.dfci.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02115              Choice is the Choice!