Networker

Re: [Networker] Default backup pool

2004-06-18 07:26:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Default backup pool
From: Adam Ardis <Adam.Ardis AT FAC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:26:30 -0400

>> Maybe someone can point me to why this is happening.  I'm running
>> Networker 6.1.3 and I should have no clients set up to write
>> specifically to the Default pool, but a couple of save sets insist on
>> writing to a tape from that pool.
>
>The most likely cause of such behavior is that your pool is overly
>restricted.  Think of each configuration you can set in a pool to be an
>optional restriction.  The more you set, the less likely it will be
>used.

Yeah, that was the problem.  After the first suggestion, I went into my
pool and added Full to the list of levels, and today there were no runs
to my Default pool.  All makes sense now, hopefully the others will have
the same success!

>Is the job really a level that matches?
>
>Run 'savegrp -p -c <client>'.  It should give you output that shows the
>various pools that would be used.
>
>if one of the pools isn't correct, try removing restrictions on the
pool
>you want to see if you can determine which one is causing the problem.
>
>Can you display the configuration of your NT Incremental pool?
>
>Also 'savegrp -p -c ad02 <group>' would be nice.

The level is incremental, but as I was told the SYSTEM files are always
doing a full, so that's what got me.

[legato]$ sudo savegrp -p -c ad02 "NT Incremental"
Password:
ad02:C:\             level=incr, pool=NT Incremental, save as of Thu Jun
17 22:30:19 GMT-0400 2004
ad02:D:\             level=incr, pool=NT Incremental, save as of Thu Jun
17 22:30:29 GMT-0400 2004
ad02:SYSTEM STATE:\  level=incr, pool=NT Incremental, save as of Thu Jun
17 22:30:13 GMT-0400 2004
ad02:SYSTEM DB:\     level=incr, pool=NT Incremental, save as of Thu Jun
17 22:30:14 GMT-0400 2004
ad02:SYSTEM FILES:\  level=incr, pool=NT Incremental, save as of Mon Jun
7 22:30:26 GMT-0400 2004
ad02:index              level=9, pool=Index, save as of Tue Sep 10
23:19:43 GMT-0400 2002