Networker

Re: [Networker] Auto media verify?

2004-05-07 10:25:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Auto media verify?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 07:25:34 -0700

> On my 7.1.1 server I switched 'ot' on yesterday,
>
> all reports now have a V added in front and surely not all savesets have hit
> the end of my tapes. So separate from end-of-tape , the suggestion that the
> reports give is that all savesets have been verified in some sort of a way.

end-of-tape is just one place where the verification occurs.  It also
happens when the tape becomes idle.

% man nsr_pool
[...]
                          Media is  verified  whenever  a  volume
          becomes  full  while saving and it is necessary to con-
          tinue onto another volume, or when a volume  goes  idle
          because  all  save sets being written to the volume are
          complete.
[...]