Networker

[Networker] Replication software for WAN server backups

2004-04-06 14:40:45
Subject: [Networker] Replication software for WAN server backups
From: "Narkinsky, Brian" <Brian.Narkinsky AT DEP.STATE.FL DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:40:29 -0400
We are looking at replicating data on Windows file servers up to our main
data center from our district offices.  We want to do this simply to reduce
backup times.

 I am looking at Legato's Replistor but it looks a bit expensive, complicated
and more features than we need.  I just want something that will basically
mirror the directories every night.  Don't care about real time or failover
stuff.

Ideally what I would like is something I can tell to  mirror this directory
and if you are not finished in 6 hours stop and pick back up tomorrow night.

Any Ideas?

Brian Narkinsky

System Manager

Department of Environmental Protection