Networker

Re: [Networker] Multple Streams for one mount point

2004-01-29 17:41:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Multple Streams for one mount point
From: Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:41:30 -0500
On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 17:10, Dan Tulovsky wrote:
> I had this same question a while ago and I brought it up with legato
> support.  Mind you this is for version 6.x, so maybe 7.x is different.
> For 6.x they said there is no way, unless you define different save
> sets:
>
> /dir1
> /dir2
>
> Instead of just saying:
>
> /  (or All)

For people that do this how do you handle new 'top level' directories.
For example on the mount point /var/ftp/pub we have

        INFO.txt
        README.txt
        RedHat/
        SUSE/
        mirrors/

If I define each of these as save sets then later on how can I put a
'catch all' directive in place? And what about the base directory files?
For example if I made the following rules:

        /var/ftp/pub
        /var/ftp/pub/RedHat/
        /var/ftp/pub/SUSE/
        /var/ftp/pub/mirrors/

Would the first rule cause the contents of the other defined directories
to be backed up twice?

I really need to read up on save set definitions :)

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT us.ibm DOT com>
Linux Technology Center System Admin