Networker

Re: [Networker] Performance issues with LTO 2 Ultrium and unable to write to all tapes at same time

2004-01-11 15:13:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Performance issues with LTO 2 Ultrium and unable to write to all tapes at same time
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:11:40 +0200
Alex,
Check the 4500 client parallelism. Assuming this is your only client and
you have a dedicated 2Gb network between the client and the server, you
should set your client parallelism to about 12 (assuming you have at
least 10 savesets on the 4500). You should also reduce the tape target
sessions limit to 2. The server parallelism should allow for at lease 12
savesets.
As regarding to your 2 Ethernet trucks, you should double check your
trunking configuration so tat load balancing will be done on the two
wires and not mac address balancing.
HTH,
        Itzik

switch), dual gigabit ethernet,
> which is trunked (glued together into 1 virtual pipe)
>

> The data on the client which is being backed up are images (photos)
which are a few megabytes in
> size.  I decided to split up the save sets into 6 different client
configurations with the
> parallelism set to 6 so that all 6 tape drives would be used at the
same time during backups but
> this isn't happening either.. I can only seem to write to a few tape
drives at once..

> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA,
>
>   Alex
>
> --
> Alex Theodore
> alex AT fuzzycheese DOT com
> Boca Raton, FL  USA
>
> --
> Note: To sign off this list, send a "signoff networker" command via
email

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or
the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.

MBI - System Team