Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with NDMP backups

2003-09-29 17:36:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with NDMP backups
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:34:07 -0400
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Stan Sander wrote:

>Yes, I have seen problems with subsequent ndmp backups after one gets
>interrupted mid-stream.  However, in my experience it only affects the
>client that was interrupted, not others.  Do you get any messages that
>you can share?  I'm sure you've tried this, but have you rebooted the
>Legato server?  Have you tried labeling fresh tapes for the ndmp pool?

Yup, we've tried rebooting our Legato server..

We are attempting to test this out by running backups on our smallest
(least data) NDMP client (which was not even being backed up at the time
this interruption ocurred). We also rebooted the NDMP server. We get
errors that look like:

--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---

* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store savegrp: suppressed 4 lines of output
* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store NDMP Service Log: imagedump: smalloc_init: shmget
failed
* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store NDMP Service Log: Cannot allocate memory
* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store NDMP Service Log: ndmp-image: abnormal exit:
status = 6
* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store
* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store  ------      E R R O R     -------
* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store Data server halted: Error during the backup.
* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store
* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store
* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store  ------      E R R O R     -------
* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store Error running backup. status=3
* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store
* po-e.temple.edu:/usr/store Error during NDMP backup