Networker

Re: [Networker] HELP!! Install problem with client

2003-08-11 09:48:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] HELP!! Install problem with client
From: Riaan Louwrens <riaanl AT SOURCECONSULTING.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:56:39 +0200
Hi Ken,

I have seen before in 2 seperate conditions:- Either that for some reason
the networker services seem to get "stuck", or that there actually was a
"permissions" problem with the "administrator" account.

As you say you are logged in as Administrator (you should have the "start
service" priveleges set - note this is a NT Security issue):- Try to stop
the services first and then do a start. I normally try and schedule a reboot
- Networker seems to get its story in order afterwards. If you cannot
schedule a reboot you could always try and stop all the networker processes
(nsrd, nsrexecd etc) - however this isnt a "clean" way of doing it and I
dont normally do it myself.

When you "uninstall" the old client - always try to make sure that the
Legato installation directories are clean - and - if possible your registry
as well. We have a utility (sorry cant distribute) - which helps us clean
out the registry completely of the specified program.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Riaan