Networker

Re: [Networker] MS SQL database force to full backup

2003-07-25 11:23:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] MS SQL database force to full backup
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:23:15 +0200
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Billy wrote:

B> Hi,
B>
B> I got this following message:
B>
B>  client_NAME:MSSQL:Database_NAME1 Database Database_NAME1 backup level
B> forced to full
B>
B> I have 5 other databases in this client and they are being backup as
B> incremental according to backup schedule except the one above.  Does anyone
B> have any ideas?
B>
B> I am using NW 6.1.3 b/u server with MS SQL module 3.1.1 on client machine
B> Windows 2000 / MS SQL 2000 Enterprise server

Its probably because select into/bulk copy (or similar) is enabled on the
database. Since, as far as I can understand, changes can be made in the
database without writing the change in a transaction log, there would be
no point in backing up the transaction logs only. Thus, it reverts to a
full backup.

Oh, and another thing, this is all rather clear in the networker module
for MS-SQL documentation, readily available on the web. :P

//Oscar