Networker

[Networker] Exchange Module license problem

2003-07-25 13:04:42
Subject: [Networker] Exchange Module license problem
From: Duncan Boccio <dboccio AT INCYTE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:04:38 -0400
Hi,

I'm backing up and Exchange server and yesterday I deleted the temporary
license that was working fine and enabled the permanent license we had
gotten from a var. The name of the license appeared exactly the same
so I thought ewverything was ok. Last nights backup failed and the savegrp
completion message has the following:

MSEXCH:MB 1 retry attempted
MSEXCH:MB save: using `MSEXCH:MB\' for `MSEXCH:MB'
MSEXCH:MB save: cannot stat MSEXCH:MB\: The filename, directory name, or
volume label syntax is incorrect.
MSEXCH:MB save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode arguments
MSEXCH:MB save: save of MSEXCH:MB to backer failed
MSEXCH: 1 retry attempted
MSEXCH: save: using `MSEXCH:\' for `MSEXCH:'
MSEXCH: save: cannot stat MSEXCH:\: Invalid argument
MSEXCH: save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode arguments
MSEXCH: save: save of MSEXCH: to backer failed
MSEXCH:PF 1 retry attempted
MSEXCH:PF save: using `MSEXCH:PF\' for `MSEXCH:PF'
MSEXCH:PF save: cannot stat MSEXCH:PF\: The filename, directory name, or
volume label syntax is incorrect.
MSEXCH:PF save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode arguments
MSEXCH:PF save: save of MSEXCH:PF to backer failed

It looks as though it's trying to backup the mailboxes, public folders and
IS as though they are regular savesets and perhaps not recognizing the new
license. The only thing that changed on either the client or the server
is the license so that's the only thing I can think of being the problem.

the environment is:

Server: Solaris 8, Networker 6.1.1
Client: Windows 2000 Exchange SP 3 (not positive about the SP, 2 proc system
BSM: Networker Module for Microsoft Exchange Server Client Tier 2

I've had the Windoze amin bounce the Networker service on the exchange
server but it didn't help. Does the client software need to be reinstalled
or anything like that?

Thanks alot,
Duncan