Networker

Re: [Networker] So it's official...

2003-07-09 09:49:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] So it's official...
From: "Day, David" <david.day AT CENTERPULSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:49:24 -0500
>However I'm not entirely sure that EMC would be the best owner. I don't
>think they put enough effort into the tools I've used from them.
What tools have you used that are lacking?  When EMC and Hitachi competed
for our SAN we were very impressed with EMC's software suite ($$$) but went
with Hitachi through HP so never had the opportunity to use them.

EMC appeared to be one of the better suitors.  My expectations are better
development and support if this sale goes through but higher cost for the
product.  We recently entertained sidegrading to Veritas and their pricing
remained static while Legato continued to discount their bids.  Ultimately
this made the decision to stay Legato very easy but I wondered how they
could afford to do business like that.

David