Networker

[Networker] jbconfig failing to add drives 6.1.3

2003-06-23 19:11:34
Subject: [Networker] jbconfig failing to add drives 6.1.3
From: Donovan O'Brien <dobrien AT SIAC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:11:30 -0400
Strange error occurring with a 6.1.3 upgrade.  Upgraded the server and its
two storage nodes, added the jukebox attached to the server and then
attempted to add the other jukebox.  The second jukebox has one drive and
the robot controlled by one storage node, the other 3 drives are attached
to the second storage node.  This all worked fine with 6.1.1.  Bug I seem
to be hitting here is that whenever I enter the first drive's owner,
networker takes this for every drive.  For instance, I say drives 0,1 and 2
are owned by serverA and drive 3 by serverB, device files should be:

rd=serverA:/dev/rmt/0cbn
rd=serverA:/dev/rmt/1cbn
rd=serverA:/dev/rmt/2cbn
rd=serverB:/dev/rmt/0cbn

But networker changes the serverB to serverA and spits out an error saying
that device file is already defined.  Same thing happens when I try to add
this device file manually.  We attempted to do the reverse with serverB
defined first, and networker replaces serverA entries with serverB !!!

What is going on here?????