Networker

Re: [Networker] Netapp DATA ONTAP 6.4

2003-03-17 11:11:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netapp DATA ONTAP 6.4
From: Hrvoje Crvelin <hcrvelin AT ORCHESTRA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:15:59 +0100
Hello Vinh,

OK, some choices:

1. is it possible for NetAp people to make a patch for ONTAP 6.3
   so that You don't need to apply 6.4?
2. One silly question, but I remember that when going from one
   release to another my ndmp version would change... Is Your
   ndmp version 3?
3. explain to Legato that 6.4 is patch release for 6.x and that
   as such should be supported.. not being tested by them is
   another thing... but they will support it soon or later as
   they will have to.  It really makes no logic.  I had several
   fights like those with them regarding firmware levels...
4. last option is support call with NetApp where You inform them
   about the new issue with ONTAP 6.4 (which may be argument for
   Legato not to support it if NetApp issue; at least not without
   the patch)

IMHO, this would be NetApp issue as only release was changed and
now You have broken functionality.  There are some additional
tests from NetApp point of view where You can talk to ndmp tape
server without backup solution like Legato to see what is going
on and NetApp support should provide You guidelines for those.

I would stick to point 4) if I were You.  For now.

Cheers,
Hrvoje Crvelin
Orchestra Service GmbH