Networker

Re: [Networker] Solstice Backup or Legato Networker

2003-01-28 12:23:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Solstice Backup or Legato Networker
From: Lis Blaber <ej AT BLABER.FREESERVE.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:28:20 -0000
Hi

I am currently working for a university too. Currently using Solstice
Backup (because of the financial benefits!) Biggest problem we found
with using Solstice backup was the support from SUN. We have a
multiplatform environment and whenever there were issues with NetWare
clients we failed to get a resolution. Even with problems with the
backup server we had a hard time getting a problem resolved. All the
engineers I've spoken to in the course of trying to get issues sorted
out have all said they know Veritas NetBackup and not NetWorker.

For this reason we are in the process of transferring to 'real' Legato
NetWorker. Long term we figured it would cost us less to deal with
Legato rather than SUN purely due to the man hours required to get a
solution from SUN. I've no idea if other people have had support issues.

As for how the support would work after downloading stuff from Legato,
I've no idea.