Networker

[Networker] Tape reading problems

2003-01-28 12:31:43
Subject: [Networker] Tape reading problems
From: "Rehan, Savin" <Savin.Rehan AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:23:28 +0100
Hi Guys.

Our environment is W2k using Networker 6.02.

We had a server with a simple setup ( its own backup server with local attached
tape device and no other client).

This server was rebuilt and therefore reinstalled networker after all build
complete. We then tried to scan in the tapes from the 'old' server and got the
following error

Scanner fn 2 rd 0 read error More data is available.
Done reading tape xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The tape drive is still the same as before rebuild so can the problem be with
the build of the server.
The scanner error message appears after it identifies what tape it is reading.
The xxxxxx in the above example indicate the tape number. Therefore it seems to
be identifying the header.

Has anybody else seen this. I'm still convinced it has something to do with
build of servers because it only happens with one particular application type
of server. Any help would be appreciated

Savin Rehan
Savin.Rehan AT hp DOT com